One-Day Custom Dentistry with CEREC
We are staying on top of the latest advances in technology -- and that includes offering one-day dentistry with CEREC technology. Forget the days when undergoing the treatment for a crown or other restoration meant two appointment with weeks of waiting in between. With CEREC in Naples, you can enjoy a sturdy, natural-looking restoration made specifically for you, in just one appointment!
The benefits of CEREC one-visit crowns, bridges, inlays, onlays, and abutments include…
- Save time, vacation days, and/or sick leave.
- Ceramic restorations blend naturally with the rest of your smile.
- Digital impressions are more comfortable and improve treatment planning.
- No need to wear a temporary restoration between appointments.
- One visit restorations last as long as those prepared in a separate lab.
How does CEREC work? What can it do? And is it right for you? Let’s take a closer look at how this state-of-the-art technology works at the office of Mark M. Makram, D.D.S.
How CEREC One-Visit Dentistry Works
The traditional method for creating a dental restoration requires two appointments to the dentist over two weeks or so. In the first appointment, your dentist prepares the tooth and places a temporary crown for you to wear while the permanent is created in a separate dental lab. Unfortunately, this temporary restoration is prone to breaking, which requires yet another trip to the dentist. Traditional crowns are inconvenient at best -- and a stressful, uncomfortable hassle at worst.
CEREC (chairside economical restoration of esthetic ceramics) allows your dentist to handle every step of the process for your dental restoration from the comfort of our office. Using a customized treatment plan created with digital impressions and CAD/CAM technology, your new crown, bridge, inlay, onlay, or abutment is milled from a single piece of porcelain in less than half an hour. Your dentist then checks to make sure it looks, fits, and feels just like it should before the restoration is permanently affixed in the gum line.
Dr. Makram offers dental crowns, bridges, inlays, onlays, and abutments in just one visit with CEREC technology.
- Dental crowns: Also known as caps, they are tooth-shaped coverings that fit securely around a damaged or decayed tooth.
- Dental bridges: A set of dental crowns that fill the gap left by missing teeth using the two surrounding natural teeth as anchors.
- Inlays/onlays: Porcelain, or indirect, fillings that restore a tooth following tooth decay. Unlike silver fillings, they blend with the surrounding tooth enamel, and are created outside of the tooth and placed after.
- Abutment: In implant dentistry, the small piece that connects the prosthetic tooth to the dental implant.
Is CEREC right for you? Patients who need a porcelain restoration to regain the health and beauty of their smiles are usually excellent candidates for the procedure. Dr. Makram will discuss the procedure with you to help you understand why it is a good option for your dental crown in Naples (or any other restoration). Contact our office to schedule an appointment for one visit dentistry today!